Centrifuge, although only three words, but contains a lot of knowledge, so you need to firmly grasp this knowledge and apply it, so that you can use the centrifuge correctly and reasonably, and have good use without misuse. .
1. What is a centrifuge?
A centrifuge is a machine that uses centrifugal force to separate liquid and solid particles or components of a mixture of liquid and liquid. By means of the centrifuge, the solid particles in the suspension can be separated well from the liquid, or the two liquids of different density and immiscible in the emulsion can be separated, for example by separating the cream from the milk. In addition, the liquid in the wet solid solid can also be discharged by a centrifuge to perform dehydration treatment of the wet material. Some of these centrifuges can also classify solid particles by density or particle size.
2. The specific type of centrifuge
One of the specific types of centrifuges: filter centrifuges
The filter centrifuge is mainly used to accelerate the liquid phase in the solid-liquid mixture to the drum by the centrifugal force generated by the centrifugal drum rotating at a high speed, and the appropriate filter material, and leave the solid phase in the drum. In order to achieve the effect of separating solids and liquids, or can be said to be dehydrating effects.
The specific type of centrifuge: the decanter centrifuge
The decanter centrifuge is mainly used to generate powerful centrifugal force by high-speed rotation, and accelerates the sedimentation speed of different specific gravity components, solid phase or liquid phase in the mixture, and separates the sedimentation coefficient and the welfare density of the sample.
3. Operation of the centrifuge
(1) When the centrifuge is in the pre-cooling state, the centrifuge cover must be closed, but not open. After the operation is finished, the rotor should be removed and placed on the test bench.
(2) After tightening the rotor cover, be sure to touch the gap between the rotor and the cover with your fingers. If there is a gap, unscrew and retighten until the gap is confirmed.
(3) During the operation of the centrifuge, the operator should not leave the job. If an abnormality occurs or the equipment is faulty, it should be disposed and solved immediately without delay.
(4) Centrifuge tubes in centrifuges should be inspected frequently, whether there will be problems during use, inferior centrifuge tubes, and aging, deformed and cracked centrifuge tubes.
(5) During the use of the centrifuge, the operator should know its operating procedures and safe operating procedures, so that the equipment can be operated and operated safely and reliably, and it is strictly prohibited to operate incorrectly and illegally. When the centrifuge is used, it is necessary to do daily maintenance work to extend the service life of the centrifuge.www.bscentrifuges.com